Effective date: January 1, 2021
The Metatech Group recognises the importance of environmental protection and we are committed to operating our business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice specifically relating to the Scope of the certification, but incorporating our overall business activities.
It is our objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies, and to carry out all measures reasonably practicable in order to continually improve our environmental performance.
We commit to:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of our equipment, plant and operations
- Adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being
- Ensure that all supplier and sub-contracted operations are in-line with this policy, and that they are aware of their respective responsibilities in the environment
- Train all employees in environmental issues and raise awareness and actively promote the establishment of a clean and healthy environment
- Minimise the production of waste and material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage by promoting the efficient use of energy, water and other resources
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air. All waste will be disposed of under controlled conditions when re-cycling and/or the re-use of the materials is not an available option
- Minimise risk to the general public and employees from Organisation operations and activities
Our commitment to the above environmental objectives is reinforced by our setting of measurable targets and objectives to reduce our environmental impact. We are regularly assessing our performance against these objectives.
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to any interested parties.
All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement, and abide with the principals and contents of our Environmental Management System (EMS).
We will constantly monitor and review our environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.